3–6 April 2022
Submitters will be asked to submit their abstract in the fields of autoimmunity, autoinflammation and immunodeficiency under one of the following topics in the submission portal:
1. Diagnosis & Classification
2. Epidemiology, Registries, Informatics
3. Public Health & Health Services Research
4. Reproductive Health & Management
5. Genetics, Epigenetics, Microbiome
6. Innate Immunity
7. B/T-cell Biology and Targets
8. Cytokines, Immunomodulators & Cell Biology
9. Covid 19 – Pathogenesis
10. Covid 19 – Vaccination & Prevention
11. Covid 19 – Risk factors & Outcome
12. Covid 19 – Trials & Therapies
13. Omics & Vasculitis
14. Imaging & Diagnostic Procedures
16. Risk Score Prediction
17. Myocarditis & Cardiovascular disease
18. ENT &/or Pulmonary disease
19. Neurological &/or Skin Manifestations
20. Renal Disease &/or Ocular Disease
21. Paediatric – Basic & Translational Science
22. Paediatric – Trials & Treatment
23. Paediatric – Clinical Outcomes
24. Paediatric – Adult Service Transition
25. Clinical Trials – adult
26. Vasculitis therapies
27. Non-infectious complications of
28. Infectious complications of
disease / therapy
29. Outcome measures
30. Patient outcomes, preference and attitudes
31. Outcome and morbidity
32. Case Reports & Series
33. Education initiatives
34. Novel online tools & social media
ABSTRACT SESSIONS INCLUDE:
Plenary Abstract Presentations
Abstract Presentation Symposia / Workshops
Poster Tours / Poster View
An abstract may be submitted for presentation at the Workshop as one of the following categories:
- Oral & Poster Presentation
- Poster Presentation only
- Clinical Case Report Poster Presentation
At the review stage, the Programme Committee may change the presentation type submitted by the author to ensure the continuity of the Workshop programme i.e. oral & poster presentation may be changed to poster presentation only. The presenting author will be informed of a change to their submitted presentation type at the acceptance notification stage. The decision of the programme committee is final.
Abstract acceptance will be in one of the following categories: oral & poster presentation, poster presentation.
Oral & Poster Presentation Format:
Presentation specifications will be tailored to the specific Abstract Session. Details will be provided upon acceptance. Those abstracts accepted for oral presentation will also be required to produce a poster for presentation.
Poster Presentation Format:
Accepted poster abstracts will be asked to produce a poster for display at the Workshop. Details of poster specification will be given at time of notification.
Accepted abstracts will be published digitally in the associated journal. Abstract publication is a condition of acceptance. All abstracts accepted must abide by guidelines and editorial requests. This may include shortening of abstracts before they are published.
AWARDS & BURSARIES
Fokko Van der Woude Award
All submitted abstracts are eligible for consideration for the Fokko Van der Woude Award. The presenting author of the highest scoring abstract will be the recipient of this prestigious award.
To support education in the field, Registration Bursaries are available. Please apply via the abstract portal. Application requirements include an abstract submission, a personal statement (150 words) from the applicant outlining why they wish to be considered for the award and a letter of recommendation (150 words) from the attendee’s mentor. Please tick the career grade of the applicant in the additional information section of the submission portal.
Vasculitis + ANCA Workshop 2022 Organisers will provide high-quality sessions focused on educational content that is free from commercial influence or bias. Thus, the submitting author of an abstract is requested to declare potential conflicts of interest for all authors during the abstract submission.
All authors must disclose relevant financial relationship(s) at the time of submission.
The online abstract submission system is a simple step by step process. You will be requested to input the following details:
Abstract Character Limit
- The total character count is 3,600.
- This includes the title, authors, affiliations, abstract body headings, content and references, whilst excluding spacing and disclosures.
- Abstracts exceeding the character limit after the closure of the submission deadline will be ineligible for review.
- Please use standard abbreviations and symbols to indicate numbers, except when beginning sentences.
- One table/ graph / figure is permitted. Tables or graphics should be added to the Word document as an image and do not count towards the character limit.
- The submission template is a Word Document that is uploaded via the submission portal (It is available for download below). The headings within the abstract body do contribute to the character count.
- The Title of the Abstract has a maximum word count of 15.
- Enter the title in the title field only – do not enter the title in the body content of the abstract. This will automatically be added to the system when the abstract is submitted.
- For entry of title – use mixed case (do not use all caps or all lower case). Please do not put a full stop/ period at the end of the title.
Presentation Type, Topic
- Select a presentation type: Oral & Poster Presentation, Poster Presentation Only, Clinical Case Report Poster
- A Topic must be chosen from the list above.
Authors & Affiliations
- Name, affiliation, and email of Presenting Author (This person will act as the main contact for this abstract).
- The Presenting Author does not need to be the first author; however, they must be a listed author.
- Name and affiliation of co-authors (Do not include this in the abstract document. This will automatically be added to the system when the abstract is submitted).
Abstract Content & Word Template
- Download the abstract template below to create the abstract as a Word document and then save as a Word file for uploading to the system. Only WORD files will be accepted for upload. One graph, figure or table saved as an image may be included in the abstract.
- All text should be in English, size 11 point, left-aligned and single spaced. All headings must be in bold as outlined in the template.
Oral &/or Poster
Organize oral &/or poster abstract body content in sections as follows:
- Background/ Objectives: Background and statement of purpose
- Methods: Methods, materials and analytical techniques employed
- Results: Objective data to answer the scientific questions(s)
- Conclusions: Conclusions reached, please avoid over generalisation and speculation.
- Disclosures: Declare potential conflicts of interest for all authors.
Clinical Case Study
Organise case study/research abstract body content in sections as follows:
- Presentation of Case
- Diagnostic Testing
- Differential & Final Diagnosis
- Discussion of Management
- Data Consent: Your personal data (name, organisation, country and email) will be shared with Workshop organisers, reviewers and session chairs for the purpose of conducting the review and compiling the programme. If you do not wish your information shared with these stakeholders, you will be excluded from the review and programme.
- Case Participant Consent: Case Report Submissions: Consent from case participants must be obtained prior to submission of case reports by the authors.
- Consent from Authors: You are required to confirm that you have received permission from all authors to share their contact details with Workshop organisers, reviewers and session chairs/moderators for the purpose of conducting the review and compiling the programme. If they do not wish their information shared with these stakeholders, the abstract will be excluded from the review and programme.
- Alternative Contact for Abstract: Please provide the details of an alternative contact for the abstract, should you be non-contactable.
- Publication of Abstract: All accepted abstracts will appear in the associated journal, Workshop website and/or on the Workshop app. Authors name & affiliation will appear alongside the information provided in the abstract submitted. This is a condition of acceptance. These abstracts may be subject to editing.
- Previously Presented or Accepted Abstracts:
- Abstracts that have been previously accepted and / or presented at other meetings are eligible for submission. These abstracts will go through the same peer review as any other abstracts.
- Abstracts that report work that has been accepted for publication as a manuscript (i.e., full-length article, brief report, case report, concise communication or letter to the editor etc) prior to the abstract submission deadline are ineligible for consideration.
- If the abstract has been accepted for another conference or has previously been presented at another conference, please list the Conference name within the abstract portal.
- Disclosure Policy: The submitting author of an abstract is requested to declare any potential disclosures for all authors during the abstract submission. All authors must disclose any relevant financial relationship(s) at the time of submission. Disclosures must be included in the word document. If there are no disclosures, please write ‘None.’
- Experimental Procedures: Work with human or animal subjects reported in submitted abstracts must comply with the guiding principles for experimental procedures found in the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association
- Registration Bursary: Please indicate if you would like to be considered for a registration bursary.
- Career Training Grade: Please select your career grade:
- Medical or Science Student
- Trainee (Medical & Graduate students)
- Trainee (Residents/ Fellows/ Lecturers)
- Trainee (PhD candidate/ Postdoctoral researchers)
- Early Investigator (first faculty position within 10 years)
- Non-Consultant / Attending Grade (not in a training post)
- Consultant / Attending (senior faculty)
REVIEW AND NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
All abstracts will go through a blind peer-review carried out by reviewers selected by the Vasculitis + ANCA Workshops 2022 Programme Committee.
Notification of acceptance or rejection to the programme will be sent to the submitter on Tuesday 7 December 2021.
Notification of the presentation type will be sent to submitters of accepted abstracts on Wednesday 12 January 2022.
REGISTRATION OF THE ABSTRACT PRESENTER
When notified of acceptance, the Presenting Author is required to accept the offer by registering for the Workshop and paying in full by Wednesday 26 January 2022. You will be provided with a link to register in your acceptance email.
If a presenter fails to register by Wednesday 26 January 2022:
- Will be removed from the programme
- Will be removed from all Vasculitis + ANCA Workshops 2022 related publications
WITHDRAWAL CONDITIONS & CHANGES OF PRESENTER
Written notice must be submitted by Wednesday 26 January 2022 for all withdrawals and change of presenters, contact email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines outlined on the Workshop Website.
- As English is the designated language for the meeting, abstracts must be submitted in English and presentations conducted in English
- This abstract has only been submitted once for the Vasculitis + ANCA Workshop 2022.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors.
- The presenting author is available to present at the congress between 3 – 6 April 2022.
- The presenting author must register and pay in full by the deadline indicated in the abstract review outcome email. If they do not register and pay in full, the abstract will be removed from the programme and any associated publications.
- The text of the abstract, along with the names and affiliations, poster and/or additional documents as requested, will be published in the associated journal, on the workshop website, in the abstract document and on the workshop app, and this will not raise any copyright issues.
- A submission as a particular presentation type or topic may be changed to a different category following review by the Programme Committee, in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the congress.
- Abstracts not adhering to these guidelines will be rejected. The final decision regarding acceptance of an abstract will be taken by the Vasculitis +ANCA Workshop 2022 Scientific Programme Committee (which will not communicate, nor enter into correspondence on the reasons for acceptance/ rejection of an abstract).
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the Vasculitis + ANCA Workshops 2022 Programme Team firstname.lastname@example.org